- 1. Purposes of Processing Personal Information
Yonsei GLI processes personal information for the following purposes. The processed personal information will not be used for purposes other than as stipulated below, and if there are any changes in the intended use, all required actions including obtaining separate consent will be implemented in accordance with Article 18 of the Personal Information Protection Law.
- Website Membership Sign Up and Academic Management
Personal information is processed for the purposes of confirming intention to sign up for membership, member identification and authentication for providing membership service, membership status maintenance and management, prevention of unauthorized use of service, delivery of various announcements and notifications.
- Administrative Service
Personal information is processed for the purposes of verifying the identity of the person requesting administrative service, verification of requested item, contact or notification for fact checking, and notifying requested service results.
- Personal Information Processing Work of Yonsei GLI
Personal information is processed for the purposes of enrollment and fee payment management, academic management, printing various certificates (certificate of attendance, certificate of completion, etc.) and handling refunds.
- 2. Personal Information Processing and Retention Periods
① Yonsei GLI processes and retains personal information within the personal information retention and use periods as stipulated by law or as consented to by the information provider at the time of collection of the personal information.
② The use and retention periods depending on the personal information item to be collected and utilized are as follows.
- Website membership sign up and management: Period lasts until a user withdraws from Yonsei GLI website membership. However, for reasons described below, the period lasts until the relevant reason ceases.
- If the user is under investigation for related law violation, until the end of such investigation.
- If there is a claim and obligation situation related to website use, until such a claim and obligation situation is settled.
- Administrative service: 3 years after the administrative service is provided
- Retaining identity verification information in accordance with Article 29 of the Enforcement Decree of the Act on Information & Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection: 6 months after the information listed on the bulletin board has expired.
- Records on agreement or subscription withdrawal in accordance with Article 6 of the Enforcement Decree of the Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce: 5 years.
- Records on the payment and supply of goods in accordance with Article 6 of the Enforcement Decree of the Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce: 5 years.
- Records on consumer complaint and dispute settlement in accordance with Article 6 of the Enforcement Decree of the Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce: 3 years.
- Reason for retaining records of visits in accordance with the Protection of Communications Secret Act: 3 months
- 3. Personal Information Items for Processing
The personal information and collection method used on the Yonsei GLI website to provide academic management and various services are as follows. The user may refuse to provide the requested personal information, but in such a case, the user will be restricted in using the Yonsei GLI website.
- Website membership sign up and management
- Required fields: ID, password, name, mobile phone number, email, date of birth, consent to receive emails
- Optional fields: Address
- Administrative Service
- Required fields: Name, email, title, submission document, description
- Optional fields: None
- The personal information automatically collected and saved in the process of using the Internet service are as described below
- IP address, cookies, MAC address, visit tracking, service use record, faulty use record, etc.
- User browser type and operating system
The automatically collected and saved information described above will be used for statistical analysis to improve and supplement our website and to promote smoother user/website communication so that we can provide better services to our users. However, in some instances we may have to provide such information to third parties as prescribed by law.
- Information collection through email and web forms
Users may communicate with us by post, phone, or electronic means such as online electronic forms. Please keep in mind that depending on the choice of your communication method, the information you entered on the website may be checked or viewed by others.
- 4. Right to Refuse the Agreement and Consequent Restriction
Regarding the matters above, the user may refuse to provide personal information; if the user refuses to provide such information, the use of GLI website will be restricted for the user.